Friday, July 29, 2011

updates

I've decided to make this blog solely for the purpose of the wedding. I know it will be a great journaling tool for myself and josh too. We'll be able to keep our plans in order and remember the process for years to come. That was my main purpose to begin with, but i've been a blogger before and always seem to stray from my main purpose. (maybe i'm just good at expressing myself in many different ways. yep that's it!)

So as of lately i've been semi-stressed about the planning. Who wouldn't be though? As a bride you've never planned a wedding before in your life, so how are you to know where to begin? Heck, i've never even planned a simple birthday party, so i'm really in the dust on this one. It's a process, that's for sure.
Part of that stress (is that why my eye has been twitching for 3 months now!?) is caused from everything coming together. No matter how much you have planned you just feel like nothing is happening, and honestly nothing but the big hand on the clock really is moving. That meaning, A LOT of things can be planned but not completed until it gets very close to the wedding. For instance, I can hope to have everyone who is invited, attend the wedding but that doesn't mean everyone will be able to. A lot of things like food, preparing tables, seating, place-cards, ect depends on the final count. But we won't know the final count until about a month or two before the wedding, see what i mean?

Other than small things like that, it's been very fun! I really do think i have a lot planned and everything is in motion. Lately i've been trying to finalize the centerpieces. My original plan sort of fell through, because i thought i was going to have someone be able to let us borrow her teapots, but they were not the right look at all, instead of being floral they were animal themed, so that was a bust. But i still plan to use the vintage books and mason jars. I am also making burlap table runners for all of the tables with some scrounged up burlap my sister was given from her work! score!


this is a pretty good model of the basic, simple look i want for the tables. i think we're still going to have linens on the tables but i think cotton will look best. either white, or we'll pick one of the wedding colors, light green may look great with burlap since they're both really earthy!
I really don't want to give away too much, so i'll keep the centerpieces for another post!


No comments:

Post a Comment